Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Police Presence Once Again

I was getting ready to go out just after 3:00pm today when I noticed a police car down the street. Well, thats not exactly true. I was getting ready to go out when I heard some noise out my window. I looked out the window and down the street a bit and saw a police officer standing on the boulevard with someone pinned on the ground. The gentleman was hand cuffed and leaned against the police car. Soon after, a second car arrived and the gentleman was placed in the back of the car.
When I left, I drove down the street, past the police cars and to the corner. I then saw another officer coming from the back lane.
Later, when I got home, I was told there were a total of four police cars that showed up for the incident.
I noticed the person who was handcuffed earlier on in the day. It must have been within half an hour of him being handcuffed. He was walking down the road pushing a stroller with a young child. I remembered him, because he looked very un-natural pushing the stroller. The whole way he was pushing the stroller looked odd.
I sure would like to know why the police are on my street all the time. I would like to know if these issues are domestic, or gang related. I would like to know if it is more of the same issue all the time, or if they are all isolated incidences.
The last time that I saw the police on my street was on Thursday. I was just coming home in the evening, and they were at the end of the street with their lights on. It looked like they were arresting someone.

3 comments:

  1. Wow.

    Your blog about life in the North End is interesting. I wish there was someway myself and others could change the area for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world is changed one person at a time. I am not standing for this anymore and I am changing my street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurtin, there is a lot that you can do! We hold many community events that are for anyone who wants to help out. Surprisingly, the majority of North Enders are wonderful, outgoing, friendly, community oriented people that look out for others.

    ReplyDelete