Friday, September 2, 2011

My Yard Is Attacking Me

What a day ..... what a week even.
I just got stung by a wasp. While moving a ladder, as I was working on replacing the facia on the back of the house a wasp stung me on the arm.
Well, if that's not enough, I twisted my ankle a few hours earlier. I stepped backward in the yard and landed in a hole. That hole must have been dug by some wild animal that likes hanging out in my yard. I wish people would keep their animals on leashes, or in their houses. Or maybe they should train their animals not to dig holes in my back yard. The hole got filled in pretty quick after that. I wish I saw it earlier.
And just a few days ago, I was stung by yet another wasp while watering my tomatoes in the back yard.
What the heck is going on. My yard is attacking me.
Or, is it the wasps that swarm in my dumpster and feed on the apple tree a few houses down that are spilling over into my yard. We spray the yard with insect killer, and put out wasp traps. But that doesn't seem to be enough to keep them at bay.
I don't sit on my front deck much any more because the wasps are getting so bad.
But I guess that is just a part of living in Winnipeg in the fall. And it is just a part of being on my street in the fall as well.
Time for ice on my elbow, and ice on my ankle, and maybe I'll put some ice in my drink as well.
That's it for now, all iced up on my street in the North End of Winnipeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment