Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Am Mad As Hell, And What Should I Do About It?

If you have been following this blog, you are aware that I am not pleased with the situation the North End is in. I am not happy with the issues going on in the North End and on my street.
When I first started the blog I was not sure what would come of it, if anything. Then I got a call from the Mayor. I started to think maybe someone is listening to the issues of the North End. Maybe I am making a difference. But it turns out the Mayor was filled with empty promises. Remember that when you vote. I will.
As the weeks went on, I did manage to get the mattresses and couches picked up from my back lane and the neighbouring back lanes. I did manage to get a dumpster delivered and placed where there was a gap in my back lane.
I have sent letters to different members of government requesting changes to existing Acts and By-Laws. I have uncovered holes in procedures, which may actually get fixed because of my actions.
And I have discovered there are Residents Organizations throughout the neighbourhoods of this fine City. In my area we have the St Johns Residents Association. They happen to have their Annual General Meeting this Saturday. Well, I am a part of this neighbourhood, and I am going to attend the meeting.
The meeting is at Ralph Brown Community Centre on Saturday, October 2 at 11:00am.
I will be there, because I am a part of the St. Johns community and I am not turning a blind eye to the actions going on in my neighbourhood anymore.
If you care about your community, go to your neighbourhood residents association meeting. If you don't know who they are or where they meet, ask your local member of government. Be a part of the solution.
I am mad as hell, and I am going to be a part of the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment