Friday, April 1, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Positive ...

On a positive note, Spring is sprouting in my house. I started my seedlings for the garden last month, and they are coming right along.
The pepper plants were the first to appear (red bell and jalapeno varieties). Then the daisies popped up out of the soil, followed by the pansies.
I did not plant the seeds all at the same time. As part of my therapy to get me through the last legs of winter, I paced myself, planting a few varieties at a time.
Now the garden is showing morning glory, two varieties of tomato plant, sunflowers, cucumbers, spagetti squash, butternut squash, and a hint of coneflowers. Still to appear are the watermelon and strawberries, and a few more varieties of pepper plant.
My plants are growing every day, stretching toward the sun, as I continually rotate them.
I can't wait until the snow is gone and I can plant my new found friends. This year I am doing container gardening in the back yard. The ground is not really suitable for vegetable plants, so I will plant above ground. I decided to use pre-existing wooden containers. I am going to get some of those dressers that are gettting dumped in the back lanes, and bring them back into my back yard. Then I will fill them with fresh dirt from the garden center. And I will have my own, pre-made, recycled, enviro-friendly garden containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment