Friday, April 29, 2011

Up Early To Watch The Wedding

I made biscuits last night, then set my alarm for 3:00am. I wanted to catch the wedding of William and Kate on the TV and thought it would be fun to eat biscuits while seeing the Royal Wedding. The alarm went off, and we turned the TV on. My husband caught someone mentioning the wedding was two hours away. We made the quick decision to reset the alarm for 4:55am and grab a few more hours before the event. Then again, we were woken. The TV went on, and we saw Kate being driven to the Church. I quickly ran to the kitchen to get my biscuits, and find the jam. But I couldn't find the jam. I was in a hurry, and did not want to miss a thing. I took one more quick look for that pesky jam. I guess I should have located it last night and had it at the ready. Oh well, no biscuits in bed I guess.
So back I scampered, in front of the telly to see the Wedding of the Year (or decade, or ...). We had a great view of Kate in the Rolls, with the large windows. She was waving like royalty to the crowds of onlookers, and she looked beautiful. Then the Roller stopped in front of Westminster Abbey and she got out. What a wonderful dress. We thought she would have a less fluffy dress than Diane, a puffy skirt, but not too puffy, and a simple form fitting top, with good coverage. Well done Kate, very good choice in dress. We approve of your wedding dress style.
Kate and William both seemed genuinely happy, and were both very regal during the ceremony. Kate had such poise after the ceremony, while sitting and listening to speeches. Then off to Buckingham Palace. The new Princess and her Prince got into an open carriage for the trip.  Once at the Palace we saw them again on the balcony. A quick kiss, then another. The second was longer and seemed to have a bit more feeling. Then the planes flew over, and that was it. But what a great event. I'm glad I decided to wake up to watch it live.
While we were watching the wedding, we heard the sound of sirens from outside our window. And they kept going. It seemed like every 10 minutes there was another siren. Some were in the distance, and others were quite close. I don't know what was going on. I can't imagine the Royal Wedding Parties were getting that out of hand.
We ended up eating the biscuits this morning for breakfast as we caught the replays of the wedding. They were delicious.
As far as yesterdays events, I missed the big one. It happened in the back lane and the next street over. My husband was in the yard BBQ'ing supper. He stepped into the back yard to make sure the shed was locked, and everything was put away for the night while he was outside. Then he heard a commotion in the back lane and thought he would see what was up. It seems the tactical response unit went through the lane, then onto the next street. They were dealing with a group of youths the next street over. Who knows what was going on there.
My husband also got a quick update from one of the neighbours in the lane. It seems that Circus Boy's alleged dealer walked into the house of an elderly neighbour lady. The story was that he just wanted to use the phone. He said he used to live at that location. Not likely. The neighbour saw this going down, and removed the unwanted home invader from the residence. We have some great neighbours looking out for each other, and we all know to keep an eye on the actions of those "usual suspects".
As the circus goes on outside our house, we were still able to enjoy the big event of the day from inside our home in the North End of Winnipeg.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is extremely interesting, i love reading your blog and got so much knowledge and understanding from it. My blog is also related to this topic Early Childhood Development.
    Please comment if you find my blog interesting.

    http://earlyhood.blogspot.com
    http://www.parenting-wikipedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete