Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's Up To Everyone

I have been taking a break from patrolling the back lanes and reporting items to 311. Walking down back lanes, seeing the piles of garbage, and the lack of caring just wears me down sometimes. So, I have decided to take a break for a while. There are others in the area who have been reporting items to 311, and a City employee who is actually paid to report the bulk items and overflowing dumpsters. Given that, I should be able to take a break every now and then. After all, it is not my job to report garbage. I do not get a pay cheque to ensure the streets and back lanes of the North End are clean.
My daily walks have been on the front streets lately. I have been walking through the area of St Johns, checking out the local businesses, and enjoying old architecture.
But my last walk took me down the lanes, seeing garbage strewn, and mattresses piled. It is up to everyone to ensure their back lanes are clean. It is all our responsibilities to ensure our part of the City is clean. And it is up to everyone to make their area a place they want to live.
Now that it is Spring, and the garbage of the winter is showing through, we all need to do our part in making our streets and lanes a place we can be proud of, and a place we want to call home.

1 comment:

  1. You took the post right out of my drafts folder! I was going to post an almost identical post once the snow was just a little bit more melted.

    ReplyDelete