Thursday, June 9, 2011

Daily EMS Team Reporting For Duty

We went on our usual daily walk around noon today. Nothing much to report, except that our dumpsters have not been emptied. The same thing happened last Thursday, but they were emptied the following day. Possibly our garbage day has shifted to Fridays now. I got so used to the Thursday garbage day. Oh well.
We finished our walk with little to report, not much happening on the walk. But just as we were approaching our house we heard the siren. It got closer, and closer, then it sounded like it was on the next street over, and it stopped. What now!
We turned around and started walking, back in the direction we had just come from. Sure enough there was a fire truck stopped. The first responders were bent over an individual who was not moving. It looked like a kid.
Then the ambulance arrived, got the stretcher, and the individual was put on the stretcher and moved to the ambulance in short order. Sure enough, it was a youth, looked to be a male maybe 13. He was at best unconscious.
I can't imagine being a member of the Fire, Ambulance or Police. I thought about it when I was younger, and talked out of it from a family member who was with the Ambulance Service.
There were no police at the scene. I guess that's a good thing.
The helicopter is in the air above me as I type this entry. Please, let this day be uneventful. And while I am at it, let the weekend be uneventful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment